Solar Outdoor Light Manufacturers introduced that the radiator is a key component of LED lamps. Its shape, volume, and heat dissipation surface area must be designed to be beneficial. If the radiator is too small, the working temperature of the LED lamp is too high, which will affect the luminous efficiency and lifespan. If the radiator is too large, the consumption of materials will increase the cost and weight of the product, which will reduce the competitiveness of the product. Designing a proper LED light heat sink is crucial. The design of the radiator has the following parts:
1. Clarify the power that LED lights need to dissipate.
2. Some parameters for designing the heat sink: the specific heat of the metal, the thermal conductivity of the metal, the thermal resistance of the chip, the thermal resistance of the radiator, the thermal resistance of the surrounding air, etc.
3. Determine the type of heat dissipation, (natural convection heat dissipation, strong wind cooling, heat pipe heat dissipation, and other heat dissipation methods.) From the cost comparison: natural convection heat dissipation is the lowest cost, strong wind cooling is medium, heat pipe heat dissipation is high, and jet cooling is The highest cost.
4. Determine the maximum permitted working temperature of LED lamps (ambient temperature plus permitted temperature rise of lamps),
5. Calculate the volume and heat dissipation area of the radiator. And determine the shape of the radiator.
6. Combine the radiator and the LED lamp into a complete lamp, and power it on for more than eight hours. Check the temperature of the lamp at a room temperature of 39°C--40°C to see if it meets the heat dissipation requirements to check whether the calculation is correct. If the conditions of use are met, the parameters must be recalculated and adjusted.
7. The seal between the radiator and the lampshade should be waterproof and dustproof. An anti-aging rubber pad or a silicone rubber pad should be placed between the lampshade and the radiator and fastened with stainless steel bolts to achieve waterproof and dustproof sealing.